RP Fiber Power – Simulation and Design Software
for Fiber Optics, Amplifiers and Fiber Lasers
The Ultimate Tool for Passive and Active Fibers Devices
Wouldn't you like to
- quantitatively understand fiber lasers & amplifiers and passive fiber devices
- profit from competent support
- reduce trial & error in prototype development
- minimize your development cost
- optimize time to market
RP Fiber Power is a powerful modeling software for designing and optimizing fiber devices – in particular, fiber amplifiers and lasers as well as other types of waveguide lasers, but also fiber couplers, multi-core fibers, helical core fibers and tapered fibers.
The software offers both efficient power propagation and full numerical beam propagation. Ultrashort pulse propagation can also be studied, for example in fiber amplifier systems, mode-locked fiber lasers, telecom cables and automatically optimized pulse compressors.
RP Fiber Power is
- an enormously versatile tool for power users,
- but at the same time (particularly since V6 with custom forms) also very suitable for users who are not (or not yet) experts in the field.
It is a must-have for anyone seriously dealing with fiber devices – be it in industrial development, scientific research or in education. Its user interface combines uttermost flexibility with an easy start. It is therefore equally well suited for efficient routine checks and for most sophisticated simulation work.
New Software Version: RP Fiber Power V6
- Such forms can be made for any simulation for which the software is suitable – tailored to your needs.
- They are very easy to use. Just fill out the input fields and execute to see the output values as well as created graphical diagrams.
- You can either make such forms yourself or get them made within the technical support. (A custom form is defined quite simply in text form within a script.)
- Consequently, RP Fiber Power becomes more suitable also for those who need to get certain calculations done without spending much time on technical details.
Read more on custom forms.
The Product Brochure
The following brochure explains the software in some detail:
Note that you can flip the pages by clicking on the left or right side of the brochure display.
You can also download the brochure in PDF format.
See also our detailed presentation on how computer simulations can make your laser development more efficient:
Quick Tour Video
This video gives you a quick tour through the whole RP Fiber Power software: how to calculate fiber modes, numerically simulate beam propagation, model a fiber amplifier or laser, simulate the propagation of ultrashort pulses, and how to do utilize the enormous flexibility of the built-in script language. You also get an impression on the convenient user interface. Just click on the image below and wait for a few seconds.
Note that various other demo videos, addressing more specific aspects of the software, are available on our demo page.
RP Fiber Power can be applied to analyze and optimize a wide range of devices:
|Devices||Example for Applications|
single-mode and multimode fibers
|calculate mode properties such as amplitude distributions, effective mode areas, effective indices, chromatic dispersion; calculate fiber coupling efficiencies; simulate effects of bending, nonlinear self-focussing or gain guiding on beam propagation, higher-order soliton propagation|
fiber couplers, double-clad fibers, multi-core fibers,
|simulate pump absorption in double-clad fibers, study beam propagation in fiber couplers, light propagation in tapered fibers, analyze the impact of bending, cross-saturation effects in amplifiers, leaky modes, etc.|
|study the gain and saturation characteristics (continuous-wave or pulse amplification), energy transfers in erbium-ytterbium-doped amplifier fibers, influence of quenching effects, amplified spontaneous emission etc. in single amplifier stages or in multi-stage amplifier systems|
fiber-optic telecom systems
|analyze dispersive and nonlinear signal distortions, impact of amplifier noise, optimize nonlinear management and placement of amplifiers|
|analyze and optimize the power conversion efficiency, wavelength tuning range, Q switching dynamics|
ultrafast fiber lasers and amplifiers
|study pulse formation mechanisms, stability ranges, impact of nonlinearities and chromatic dispersion, parabolic pulse amplification, optimum dispersive pulse compression, feedback sensitivity, supercontinuum generation|
pulsed and ultrafast bulk lasers and amplifiers
|study Q switching, the mode-locking behavior, find the required characteristics of saturable absorbers, analyze the feedback sensitivity, chirped-pulse amplification study stability limits of regenerative amplification|
Get more information:
- Learn about the software's features and the used physics model.
- See also the video demos and our large selection of case studies!
- Download the RP Fiber Power PDF brochure (43 pages).
- See also the frequently asked questions.
- See our free tutorial "Passive Fiber Optics", for which the software has been used extensively, and also the tutorial "Modeling of Fiber Amplifiers and Lasers", which explains concepts and methods.
If you have any further questions or need a quotation, just contact us.