Where to Buy Large Mode Area Fibers
Definition: optical fibers with relatively large mode areas and a single transverse mode or only a few modes
Related products: large-core fibers, double-clad fibers, fiber optics
Scientific and Technical Information
Before buying, get informed on the technical background!
Check List for Large Mode Area Fibers
- What is the effective mode area or mode radius? (There are special large mode area fibers.)
- Is the fiber truly single-mode, or does it support a few modes? (In the latter case, careful launching maybe important for the output beam quality, and certain instabilities can occur for operation with very high average output power.)
- What are the propagation losses (in dB/km)?
- Does it need to be polarization-maintaining?
- How tight bending is possible, before the bend losses become too high?
- How much optical power can the fiber tolerate? (Additional properties at the launch end may still occur if too much power gets to the coating.)
- What is the outer fiber diameter with and without protective coating?
- What is the coating material? Is it a standard material which can be removed with a usual fiber stripper?
For active fibers, also look at the check list for rare-earth-doped fibers.
In case that you need additional advice, consultancy from RP Photonics may be the solution.
7 suppliers for large mode area fibers are listed in the RP Photonics Buyer's Guide. Both manufacturers and distributors can be registered.
|Suppliers with Ad Package|
|From your country:|
1195 Pennsylvania Avenue
Bethlehem, PA 18018–2026
Tel.: +1 610 691 7012
Fax: +1 610 691 7012
4631 N. Malden St.
Chicago, IL 60640
Tel.: +1 773 561 1410
Fax: +1 773 304 9856
7 Airport Park Road
East Granby, CT 06026
Tel.: +1 866 466 0214
Fax: +1 860 844 0210
56 Sparta Avenue
Newton, NJ 07860
Tel.: +1 973 300 3000
Fax: +1 973 300 3600
Advanced Technology Innovation Centre
Loughborough University Science and Enterprise Parks
5 Oakwood Drive
Loughborough LE11 3QF
Tel.: +44 1509 635705
27th floor, Bank of East Asia Harbour View Centre
56 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai
Tel.: +358 9 31 58 28 98
Quality: ISO 9000:2008
Click on a company entry to mark it.
Product entries of suppliers having an ad package are displayed with a logo, product description and product image.
Users: if any displayed information is incorrect (e.g., a listed supplier does not offer such products) or legally problematic, please notify RP Photonics so that the problem can be solved.
Suppliers: you can report modified data using a form, which is provided via the button "Edit profile data" on your company profile page. You can obtain ad package for getting a much improved visibility and many more leads.
If you are a supplier and want to be listed, please use the registration form.
An already registered supplier can use a customized form to report the full list of offered photonics products. That form is reachable with a link at the bottom of the supplier's profile page.
Anyone, not only suppliers themselves, can report additional suppliers. If possible, please provide a web address showing that this supplier indeed offers such products.
If you like this buyer's guide, share it with your friends and colleagues, e.g. via social media: