Where to Buy Large Mode Area Fibers
Definition: optical fibers with relatively large mode areas and a single transverse mode or only a few modes
7 suppliers for large mode area fibers are listed in the RP Photonics Buyer's Guide. Both manufacturers and distributors can be registered.
Related Product Categories
See also the following related product categories:
Scientific and Technical Information
Before buying, get informed on the technical background. The Encyclopedia of Laser Physics and Technology presents a large volume of high-quality scientific and technical information.
Check List for Large Mode Area Fibers
- What is the effective mode area or mode radius? (There are special large mode area fibers.)
- Is the fiber truly single-mode, or does it support a few modes? (In the latter case, careful launching maybe important for the output beam quality, and certain instabilities can occur for operation with very high average output power.)
- What are the propagation losses (in dB/km)?
- Does it need to be polarization-maintaining?
- How tight bending is possible, before the bend losses become too high?
- How much optical power can the fiber tolerate? (Additional properties at the launch end may still occur if too much power gets to the coating.)
- What is the outer fiber diameter with and without protective coating?
- What is the coating material? Is it a standard material which can be removed with a usual fiber stripper?
For active fibers, also look at the check list for rare-earth-doped fibers.
In case that you need additional advice, consultancy from RP Photonics may be the solution.
|Suppliers with Enhanced Product Entries|
|From your country:|
1195 Pennsylvania Avenue
Bethlehem, PA 18018–2026
Tel.: +1 610 691 7012
Fax: +1 610 691 7012
4631 N. Malden St.
Chicago, IL 60640
Tel.: +1 773 561 1410
Fax: +1 773 304 9856
7 Airport Park Road
East Granby, CT 06026
Tel.: +1 866 466 0214
Fax: +1 860 844 0210
56 Sparta Avenue
Newton, NJ 07860
Tel.: +1 973 300 3000
Fax: +1 973 300 3600
|From other continents:|
Advanced Technology Innovation Centre
Loughborough University Science and Enterprise Parks
5 Oakwood Drive
Loughborough LE11 3QF
Tel.: +44 1509 635705
27th floor, Bank of East Asia Harbour View Centre
56 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai
Tel.: +358 9 31 58 28 98
Quality: ISO 9000:2008
Click on a company entry to mark it.
Product entries of suppliers having an ad package are displayed with a logo and other improvements.
Users: if any displayed information is incorrect (e.g., a listed supplier does not offer such products) or legally problematic, please notify RP Photonics so that the problem can be solved.
Suppliers: you can report modified data using a form, which is provided via the button "Edit profile data" on your company profile page. You can obtain enhanced entries, showing additional information on your products and your company, and standing at a higher position in the list.
If you are a supplier and want to be listed, please use the registration form.
An already registered supplier can use a customized form to report the full list of offered photonics products. That form is reachable with a link at the bottom of the supplier's profile page.
Anyone, not only suppliers themselves, can report additional suppliers. If possible, please provide a web address showing that this supplier indeed offers such products.
If you like this buyer's guide, share it with your friends and colleagues, e.g. via social media: