The RP Photonics website is one of the most popular places in photonics:
- There are more than 150'000 page views and well over 50'000 unique visitors each month, largely using the famous Encyclopedia of Laser Physics and Technology.
- We have one of the highest search engine rankings of all photonics websites!
We offer attractive packages for banner advertising on these pages. In the right column of this page, you can see a random sample. Most of these banners work for ourselves, but you can use some of that advertising space for your company! For example, you may use them
- for making your brand name better known,
- for announcing new products (e.g. if many know your company, but are not aware that you also offer such things), or
- for supporting special activities such as promotions on your website.
What is the banner format?
The format is very large. You can cover 234 × 600 pixels – a kind of extra-broad skyscraper banner format.
Help for assembling the banner from some logo, text and URL, for example, is included in the price. You may like this if you cannot provide a suitable complete banner image file.
Where is your banner displayed?
Your banners can be displayed on many pages:
- in the RP Photonics Buyer's Guide
(except for supplier profile pages)
- on all pages of the Encyclopedia of Laser Physics and Technology
The banner appears on the right side of such pages. (If the browser window gets too narrow, the banner is truncated on the right side or moves to the bottom of the page.)
You may choose pages with specific topics or simply select “all pages” (over 1100).
Note that these banners appear in an environment which is packed with high-quality content rather than primarily with advertising. Also, note that the Encyclopedia of Laser Physics and Technology has a very high reputation, and is used by thousands of technical and scientific experts.
Therefore, the banners have a high value in terms of quantity and quality, and are ideally complementing your entries in the RP Photonics Buyer's Guide.
Who is watching the site?
The Encyclopedia of Laser Physics and Technology with its over 600 articles has a high reputation for its excellent scientific and technical content. It is used by thousands of technical and scientific experts. Well over 50'000 unique visitors are a testimonial! (Search engine robots and the like are carefully excluded from these numbers.)
What determines your page view numbers and the cost?
Each time when a web page is displayed, one of the banners is randomly selected – each one with a certain probability. In the simplest case, you choose a certain display probability for all accessible pages. If that probability is 5%, for example, the banner receives roughly 0.05 · 160'000 = 8000 views per month.
You may also focus on some subset of pages, specifying display probabilities for certain keywords appearing in the page filenames. This means that you can do targeted banner advertising. For example, you may select on those pages having to do with optical fibers.
The cost of your campaign depends on the expected page view numbers (i.e., on how often your banner will be displayed) and (if applicable) on the degree of focusing on certain topics. A volume rebate is also applied. You can simply check the cost yourself with our convenient price calculator – see below!
Plan your banner campaign NOW!
Here you can check the details of your banner campaign:
Once you have determined what you want to have, contact us to tell us the details and send us your banner file (e.g. an image in .gif, .png or .jpg format). We will then send you the advertising contract.
- If you select specific pages, the advertising is more targeted. This increases the value per view, but also the cost per view. That price increase is up to about a factor of 4 and depends on how much the views are concentrated on a few pages.
- Most of the page views occur in the Encyclopedia of Laser Physics and Technology, the smaller rest (file names beginning with “bg”) in the RP Photonics Buyer's guide. (Users more often search for scientific/technical information than for suppliers.) The cost per view is higher on buyer's guide pages, since these views are more valuable for advertisers.
- The company profile pages of the buyer's guide are not available for paid banners. (You may not appear next to your competitor's profile to tell users that your products are better than theirs!)
- If the total cost gets high, a volume rebate is automatically applied. This reduces the cost by about 25%, for example, if the total would be 10 000 € before rebate. Therefore, a longer display duration reduces the cost per view.
- In our form, the number of views is estimated based on page view data from the last 12 months.
- For simplicity, we do not describe the detailed rules for calculating the cost; you can just try out with the form above.
- Banners can contain one or several html links. Animated content is allowed provided that it is not too aggressive. We can also offer video banners, where the video is started when the user clicks on it.
We are confident that you will find out: your advertising money is best spent on our website! RP Photonics has the reputation to work in a very honest way, and we will surely keep it like that.
See also our general page on advertising opportunities.