Buyer's Guide Entries for Suppliers
|register new supplier|
Here you can register as a new supplier or learn in the following all essentials on entries in the RP Photonics Buyer's Guide.
Just click on a heading to open or close the corresponding paragraph. We first explain what you can get; the last section “How to Get All That” tells you how to order it.
Why Your Company Should Be Registered
If you are a supplier for photonics products, your company and your products should definitely be listed in the RP Photonics Buyer's Guide:
- The RP Photonics website has enormous traffic, partly because of its amazing search engine ranking (probably the highest of all websites in the area of laser technology). The amazing popularity results mainly from the intimate connection with the famous Encyclopedia of Laser Physics and Technology. No other photonics buyer's guide has got such a fantastic resource!
- Obviously, that traffic is caused by your target group: experts in photonics, e.g. scientists and engineers working on laser technology.
- You can get up to 10 products listed with free basic entries. You get a much improved visibility with our advertising packages.
Note: the rules for buyer's guide entries have changed substantially in November 2015.
Free Basic Entries
Without any cost, as a supplier you can obtain the following:
- A basic company profile page, containing your contact information and a list of up to 10 products. Company profiles can be reached (a) via the general list of suppliers and (b) via the lists of suppliers for specific products.
- For each listed product, a basic product entry appears in the list of suppliers for that product. That contains your full address and a link to your website.
(In some cases, our system displays more than 10 products of a supplier not paying anything, since it could otherwise not present sufficiently many suppliers for some products.)
Advertising Packages (for enhanced company profiles and product entries)
We offer various versions of advertising packages, which give you the following advantages:
- Your enhanced company profile contains your company logo and a company description. The description can be several sentences long and can contain links to specific pages on your website. If you like, you can also have links to your social media pages (Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter) and quality certificates (e.g. ISO 9001) displayed. Also, you can list your distributors, or as a distributor you can list the companies you represent. As an example for an enhanced company profile, see the profile of RP Photonics:
The second column in the list of offered products displays product descriptions, as far as enhanced product entries (see below) have been selected, instead of alternative suppliers (as displayed for companies not having an ad package).
- Your company logo is also shown in the alphabetic list of suppliers, where your whole entry gets substantially more space.
- You can have more products displayed. This means not only that more products appear in your company profile, but also that your product entries appear on more pages listing suppliers for specific products. Here are the offered advertising packages:
|Package||Maximum number of displayed products||Cost per year|
|Ad package 10||10||500 €|
|Ad package 15||15||600 €|
|Ad package 20||20||700 €|
|Ad package 30||30||800 €|
|Ad package 40||40||900 €|
|Ad package 60||60||1100 €|
|Ad package 80||80||1300 €|
|Ad package 100||100||1500 €|
|Ad package max||(unlimited)||1750 €|
- Each of your entries in the list of suppliers for a specific product is improved (product entry basic plus). It appears with your logo and with your company name in bold letters. In addition to your website and e-mail address, telephone and fax number, you can have your social media pages (Facebook, Google+, Twitter) displayed there as links. (You can further improve the visibility with enhanced product entries, and you can promote white papers and videos related to your product, see below.)
- New since May 2016: We mention your participation at upcoming exhibitions and trade shows in your company profile, in the alphabetic list of suppliers and in all of your enhanced product entries (see below). For the major events, we find the information ourselves; for others, just tell us the event name and website and (if available) your booth number.
Enhanced Product Entries
Although an ad package already improves the visibility of your product entries, we recommend that you upgrade at least the display of your most important products with enhanced product entries, which give you the following advantages:
- On the suppliers page for a specific product, enhanced entries additionally appear in a separate table above all the basic entries (in random order).
- There, your product entry is displayed with your company logo and with a product description. Readers can directly see what is special about your product. Your product description can obtain several links to specific pages on your website.
- Optionally, you can have a product image displayed (up to 200 × 150 pixels). This attracts more views.
- Your product descriptions are also displayed on your company profile.
- New (since end of July, 2015): every enhanced product entry includes an additional well visible advertisement displayed on the page of the related encyclopedia article (if there is one for that kind of product).
An an example, see the page on suppliers for laser diodes:
Another interesting feature: if you have enhanced product entries, you are listed as an alternative supplier on the profile pages of other companies which offer such products without having an ad package!
So there are plenty of reasons to apply such enhanced product entries at least for your most important products.
Rules for Companies with Multiple Branches
With free entries, we list only the main branch of a company. However, there are two possibilities for getting additional branches (sales offices) listed:
- If the main branch has an own ad package, it can buy additional listings for its other branches: either basic listings for 150 € per year or ad packages with 50% rebate (assuming that everything is paid together in one invoice). The mentioned rebate also applies to extras like enhanced product entries, as far as the main branch also uses those.
- Alternatively, an additional branch can buy its own ad package at standard conditions.
In any case, listings of additional branches appear separately e.g. in the alphabetical list of all suppliers and in the lists of suppliers for specific products. Each branch has its own company profile and list of products. (We do not create extended company profiles with multiple contact addresses, telephone numbers etc.)
Note that these rules apply only to sales offices of the same company, not to distributors. Suppliers with an ad package can list their distributors in their company profile (without extra cost) and also list companies for which they act as a distributor.
NEW: Promotion of White Papers and Videos
Maybe you have some interesting “white papers” or application notes – informative documents on certain technological aspects – and would like to make more people aware of them. Obviously, you want to reach out to a certain target group. With our extremely content-rich website, we can serve you very well:
- On the page with the corresponding encyclopedia article, we can place a well visible box in which your white paper is announced. That box (see the example on the right side) appears just below the “Buyer's Guide” box, which is within the content section (not in the banner column) on the right side just below the article heading. It has the heading “Related White Paper from (company name)” and displays a large preview of the first page of your document (up to 230 pixels wide and up to 300 pixels high; we can create it from your document).
- The document preview is equipped with a link with which the user can directly download the document file (typically in PDF format). Alternatively, we can display a form where the user first has to enter the name, e-mail address and company name (lead generation!); we will send you that information once per day.
- In addition, a smaller box announcing your white paper (but here without a graphical preview) will be placed in the corresponding page with suppliers for the product – well visible above the list of suppliers.
- Besides, the link to your white paper is inserted in the alphabetical list of all suppliers and in the table of products on your company profile.
Similarly, we can promote your videos – just as described above for documents, only with an adapted heading.
The document or video can be hosted on our server or on your own web server – just as you like.
This offer is available only for customers having an advertising package (see above). You can order such a promotion simply via our buyer's guide form – see the section “How to Get All That?” below.
There are also attractive advertising banners available, which receive a huge number of page views. They are super-wide skyscraper banners displayed in the right column on a huge number of pages. Such banners are most suitable for special promotions. Having an ad package is not a prerequisite for that.
Images in the Encyclopedia
If you have nice photographs which are suitable for illustrating things explained in the Encyclopedia of Laser Physics and Technology, you may let us display them there. The source will be acknowledged in the figure caption, including a link. We do not charge for such placements, since they are a contribution to the quality of the encyclopedia. However, we only accept images which are really useful for illustrative purposes (ideally, improving the understanding) and do not have too much advertising character (e.g., with big company logos).
How to Get All That?
First check whether your company is listed already – use the alphabetical list of suppliers.
If you find your company there, please click on your company name in order to get to your company profile. At the top right corner of that page, you find the button “Edit profile data”, which shows you a form for the entry details. That form already contains the details registered so far; you can just add what is missing and submit that information to RP Photonics.
If your company is not listed yet, please use the registration form.