Occasionally, serious disputes arise, e.g. when a company purchases a laser from some supplier. Conflicting views may occur concerning questions as:
- Is the beam quality consistent with the somewhat vague specifications?
- Is it normal that the laser pulses exhibit substantial timing jitter?
- Should it be considered as acceptable that the laser stays within specifications only if its alignment is optimized quite often by the user?
Going to court is usually the last thing you want to do – but how else to resolve a conflict?
Mediation is a much more attractive approach. Only, you need to find a mediator
- who fully understands the technical matters, and
- who can be trusted to be impartial and fair.
Dr. Paschotta from RP Photonics offers such services. Your chance is to reach a fair resolution with far less time and money than at court.
See also our Spotlight article on this matter.