Here you find news from RP Photonics and also company news from advertisers in our buyer's guide.
News From Suppliers
2019-02-09 from TOPTICA Photonics:
TOPTICA receives Prism Award 2019 at Photonics West
TOPTICA's OPO laser system won the Prism Awards 2019 for scientific lasers at Photonics West.
The Prism Awards, often described as the "Oscars of the Photonics Industry", presented ten categories with more than 100 participating companies. TOPTICA’s DLC TOPO, a mid-IR light source for molecular spectroscopy, was announced as a finalist in December 2018 and won in the scientific laser category!
Presenting the award, Prof. Dr. Ursula Keller, Head of Research of ETH Zürich and a pioneer in the field of ultrafast lasers, humorously challenged the perception that scientific lasers are “not good enough for industry” but rather emphasized that the definition should be "exactly the right number of buttons so that the scientist has fun". The TOPO has four knobs and eight switches – just the right amount.
“We are proud to receive this award tonight for our contributions and innovation,” says Mark A. Tolbert, President of TOPTICA Photonics, Inc. “To win this award means more than just being recognized, it means a group of leading industry experts support and believe we have created a valuable product. Contributing to the success of our customers is our goal as a company.”
2019-01-16 from RPMC Lasers:
RPMC Lasers Expands into a New Facility to Support Current Growth
RPMC Lasers Inc, the leading distributor of solid-state lasers in North America, is proud to announce the completion of their new facility in O’Fallon, MO. On December 21st the move into the new and improved facility was officially completed, this newly renovated 6,000 square feet facility will enable RPMC lasers to keep up with and accelerate the rapid growth they have been experiencing over the past several years.
This new location features meeting/conference rooms, an expanded shipping, and inventory area, a larger office area to support our ever-growing staff, and an expanded laser lab for testing and applications services. “We are very excited, about the move and are looking forward to utilizing our additional space to facilitate our future growth.” Dean Micke, President of RPMC Lasers, continued, “RPMC spent a considerable amount of time and resources renovating the building and making it perfect for our needs.” RPMC plans to grow their sales team by 30% this year.
Rules for Publishing News
- News can be published by suppliers having an ad package in the RP Photonics Buyer's Guide.
- Each posting can be displayed for a given number of weeks. In total, each supplier can display postings for 30 weeks within an advertising period of 12 months.
- News submission must be sufficiently noteworthy. Examples for appropriate news topics are announcements of new product lines, mergers and acquisitions, and special events – but not exhibitions, which can be announced in the company profile and on the supplier pages. (Just inform RP Photonics on your participation in upcoming exhibitions.) RP Photonics reserves the right to determine which of the submitted posting are published.
- Each posting can contain up to 1000 characters, HTML links and one image (300 × 200 px maximum).
- For posting your news, please use the submission form below. If you need later changes of the text, or want to remove a posting prematurely, please contact us.
Here you can submit your news for publication on this page, if your company has an ad package in the RP Photonics Buyer's Guide. Please consider the rules as explained above.