RP Fiber Power – Simulation and Design Software
for Fiber Optics, Amplifiers and Fiber Lasers
RP Fiber Power can be used for may purposes. Some examples:
- One can analyze the mode structure of fibers, which can be calculated from the refractive index profile, and optimize the profile in order to obtain specific mode properties.
- One can investigate the beam propagation in a wide range of special cases, such as tapered fibers, double-clad fibers, helical core fibers and fibers with random index variations. This allows one to analyze detrimental effects and optimize fiber components.
- One can predict the possible performance of fiber devices, such as various types of fiber lasers and fiber amplifiers (including high-power double-clad devices and amplifiers for optical fiber communications), ASE sources and also passive components such as fiber couplers. Of course, one can also optimize the performance of such devices, e.g. by finding the optimum fiber length, doping concentration, doping and refractive index profiles, mode area, etc.
- It allows one to simulate the propagation of ultrashort pulses in fiber amplifiers and passive fiber devices such as telecom fiber cables.
- It can also be useful to evaluate the impact of various kinds of detrimental effects, such as concentration quenching, upconversion, nonlinearities, etc.
- The software is also an excellent educational tool. By performing numerical experiments, you can obtain a much deeper understanding of passive and active fiber devices.
Note that even in apparently simple cases, such as ytterbium-doped fiber amplifiers, one can easily overlook essential details such as effects of pump saturation and reabsorption of signals and ASE. Only by using a comprehensive physical model it is possible to obtain a reliable understanding and thus to reach designs with optimum performance in a fast and efficient manner.
Among the frequently asked questions, there are also some concerning the detailed application area of the software.
RP Fiber Power is very suitable for the following institutions:
- industrial companies developing fiber lasers, amplifiers, ASE sources, passive or active fibers or fiber-optic telecom systems
- research laboratories, where aspects of such devices are explored in detail
- educational institutions, creating a solid technical understanding of such devices
In any case, RP Fiber Power will give you a substantial competitive advantage, as your work will be more effective and efficient: you will have the means to find out quickly and reliably what your device performance could or should be and how to optimize it.
See also the frequently asked questions.
If you have any further questions or need a quotation: