RP Fiber Power – Simulation and Design Software
for Fiber Optics, Amplifiers and Fiber Lasers
Here, you find a number of video demos, various detailed demonstration case studies and various nice graphics made with the software.
Introduction to RP Fiber Power V7
Please make your browser window wide enough to see the video in sufficiently large size.
This video shows you the following within about 12 minutes:
- There are three different ways of handling the software: using the predefined interactive forms, scripting, and custom forms.
- The predefined forms make it easy to get started with common simulations, e.g. of the optical power and excitation levels in fiber amplifiers and lasers.
You can simply enter the parameters of some predefined models and the required graphical diagrams.
- Such interactive forms – as also offered by competing products – give you an easy start, but this concept is naturally limited.
You may want to do some simulations for which no predefined model is available.
For such cases, we offer the possibility of scripting.
With that, you can implement even most sophisticated models.
- Our software offers you convenient links between interactive forms and scripting.
When you execute an interactive form, the software automatically generates a script, which you can take as the basis for a more refined simulations script.
Also, you can enter snippets of script code into the forms if you only need a few extras, such as additional graphs in diagrams.
- RP Fiber Power comes with comprehensive documentation in the form of a detailed user manual and a partly even more detailed interactive help system.
- The script editors support you with convenient features like syntax highlighting, parameter help and automatic code reformatting.
- It is easy to equip a simulation script with a custom form, so that you can conveniently enter your inputs and inspect the outputs.
You can easily switch between different data sets, which are stored in separate files.
- There are specialized interactive tools such as the pulse display window and the beam profile viewer.
- You get very helpful technical support directly from the developer of the software.
For example, you can get your scripts improved, or Dr. Paschotta will even develop full simulation scripts for you.
If you have any further questions or need a quotation: