RP Photonics has moved back to Switzerland
RP Photonics was originally founded in Zurich, Switzerland, in 2004. In 2010, we moved to Bad Dürrheim, Germany. Since February 9, 2022, we are back to Switzerland – more specifically, to Frauenfeld, roughly 35 km northeast of Zurich, close to the Lake Constance and the German border. We are very happy to live and work at an even nicer place.
The new address: RP Photonics AG, Bannhaldenstr. 38, 8500 Frauenfeld, Switzerland.
The RP Photonics website and the e-mail addresses will work as before.
New RP Photonics Company
Because it is again a change of the country, technically there is more than just a change of address. Dr. Paschotta has founded the new company RP Photonics AG in Frauenfeld.
By removing “Consulting” from the company name, we reflect the fact that consulting is no longer the primary type of business: software and marketing have become substantially more important for us.
Dr. Rüdiger Paschotta is again the owner and managing director. All business – technical consulting, software and photonics marketing – will continue through the new Swiss company, which also takes over any obligations of the German RP Photonics Consulting GmbH. In particular, that means:
- The technical support for our simulation and design software will be delivered through the new company.
- The photonics marketing will continue as before, just with operation by the new company.
- We will adapt any existing contracts as appropriate, and of course never violate our obligations in earlier contracts in our work with the new company. For example, nobody will need worry about confidentiality obligations.
- There will soon be new bank accounts in Switzerland. However, invoices issued in the past by the German company still need to be paid to the bank account as indicated on the invoices.
- The German RP Photonics Consulting GmbH will later be liquidated, but this will take at least one year. Until then, it essentially remains passive, just receiving some money from outstanding invoices.
Administrative adaptations required on the side of customers:
- In some cases, we need to renew contracts to reflect the new company.
- You may need to register our new company in your procurement system.
- You should observe the changed company name, postal address and telephone number.
- Customers outside the U.S. and the Euro zone will now normally be charged in Swiss Francs (CHF) instead of Euros (EUR). (We can stick to EUR where necessary.)
What certainly will not change is
- our enthusiasm for the science and business aspects of photonics, a thriving field with a strong role for future problem-solving and wealth, and
- our commitment to highest standards and willingness to work hard to deliver real value, meet the needs of our customers and to be completely reliable under any circumstances.
We are looking forward to further very fruitful business, often in the context of long-terms business relations with a relaxed atmosphere and full mutual trust.