RP Resonator – Advanced Software for
Laser Resonator Design and Optimization
A Powerful Tool for Designing and Optimizing Optical Resonators
RP Resonator V3 is a powerful software for calculations on optical resonators. In particular, it can be used to produce optimized laser resonator designs. Its user interface combines uttermost flexibility with an easy start, making the software suitable for quick calculations in an industrial environment as well as for advanced research.
Compared with other resonator design software, RP Resonator is far more flexible. For example, you can have any parameters of the resonator setup calculated using some mathematical expressions. You can even generate resonator components within loops, so that by changing a single parameter you can even modify the number of components in your setup. (For example, you could state that you want sequence of N crystals with some air spaces and lenses or mirrors in between.) Also, you can automatically optimize resonator parameters such that a freely defined figure of merit is minimized. For complex resonator design tasks, such functionality is not just nice to have, but essential.
Many Powerful Features
The main features of RP Resonator V3 are:
- RP Resonator can calculate a wide range of properties of optical resonators, such as the variation of the beam radius, the sensitivity of the resonator mode e.g. to thermal lensing and misalignment, chromatic dispersion from geometric effects, Gouy phase shifts, frequency degeneracies of resonator modes, etc.
- It also facilitates sophisticated design optimizations. A figure of merit of arbitrary kind can be easily defined, and refined algorithms are used for minimizing this figure of merit by adjusting selected resonator properties. If necessary, arbitrary boundary conditions can be observed such as preserving certain symmetries, limiting the difference of certain quantities, etc.
- The software can draw the resonator setup and provide basically arbitrary plots showing all its properties.
- The software is controlled with a very powerful script language. In addition, it offers an input wizards form, where one can generate large parts of the required script code simply by filling out forms. Just type numbers or even mathematical expressions into the form fields, and you instantly see the corresponding script code being generated.
- Due to the script language, you obtain an enormous flexibility. For example, you can define a resonator model where you have multiple passes through a laser crystal, and the detailed arm lengths and angles are calculated automatically from a few given parameters. Then you can optimize the resonator by manually or automatically adjusting these parameters.
- In addition to the detailed PDF manual, there is an extensive context-sensitive online help system.
Another important aspect of this software: you can verify that its developer surely understands the involved physics and knows the scientific literature. He will be the person who makes sure that any problem you may have with using the software will be solved very soon. Substantial technical support – also usable for more general consultancy on related technical matters! – is included in the license fee.
The powerful combination of software and competent support helps you to achieve fast and very efficient progress in your development projects.