RP Resonator - Advanced Software for
Laser Resonator Design and Optimization
Introduction to RP Resonator V4
Please make your browser window wide enough to see the video in sufficiently large size.
This video shows you the following within about 19 minutes:
- You can quickly get started by using some demo files, which cover common cases of resonator design and some cases with single-pass optical arrangements. You simply fill out some forms, execute the calculation and find that the output in the form of numerical data and graphical diagrams.
- These forms and calculations are not hard-coded, but rather implemented with scripts. You can easily modify those scripts e.g. in order to add additional details to a resonator model, do additional calculations, or show additional graphical diagrams. In that way, the scripts can be easily adapted to your specific needs.
- Several demo scripts are shown, covering the following cases: a bow-tie ring resonator, focusing of a laser beam with lenses, linear laser resonator, multipass amplifier (with a variable number of passes!), and a linear resonator with automatic numerical optimization.
- Other capabilities of the software are only briefly mentioned: optical elements which you can use, calculations of the effects of misalignments (which can also be used as optimization criteria), and additional quantities which can be calculated.
- Users obtain a lot of help with developing scripts – both from the very helpful technical support and from the software itself, which has many highly useful features such as syntax highlighting, parameter help, the interactive help system, automatic code reformatting, wizard forms for generating resonator code, and the code snippets library, providing frequently used bits of code.
If you have any further questions or need a quotation: