Areas of Competence
These are just the main areas of competence. Do not hesitate to inquire about other fields. You will get an honest statement concerning the level of competence in the requested field.
- fiber lasers (experience with broad range of fiber gain media)
- fiber amplifiers: with laser or Raman gain, ASE, noise figure, etc.
- light propagation in optical fibers:
e.g. calculation of modal properties, data transmission, soliton formation, soliton splitting, optical power delivery, supercontinuum generation in microstructure fibers
- novel types of optical fiber, e.g. photonic crystal fibers (microstructure fibers)
The available competence on fiber optics at RP Photonics is demonstrated in many ways:
- Dr. Paschotta has published many scientific papers, the SPIE Field Guide to Optical Fiber Technology, and the RP Photonics Encyclopedia.
- See also the free tutorials "Passive Fiber Optics", "Fiber Amplifiers", "Modeling of Fiber Amplifiers and Lasers", and the presentation Fiber_devices.pdf.
- Dr. Paschotta has developed the RP Fiber Power software, a powerful and extremely flexible tool for modeling the power conversion in fiber amplifiers and lasers. Also, he has made the software RP ProPulse, suitable for simulating the pulse formation in ultrafast fiber lasers.