Areas of Competence
These are just the main areas of competence. Do not hesitate to inquire about other fields. You will get an honest statement concerning the level of competence in the requested field.
Lasers and Amplifiers
- diode-pumped lasers
- Q-switched lasers, e.g. analytical or numerical modeling of active or passive Q switching (→ RP Q-switch software)
- mode-locked lasers: few-cycle pulses, diode-pumped mode-locked lasers (including bulk lasers, fiber lasers and semiconductor lasers), extreme output powers or pulse repetition rates, etc.
- high power lasers
- laser amplifiers: gain saturation, efficiency, thermal effects, ASE, etc.
- laser gain media (wide range of laser crystals, glasses, semiconductors); spectroscopic investigations, reabsorption effects, etc.
- resonator design, including multidimensional numerical optimization, alignment and fabrication tolerances, and minimized sensitivity to beam distortions
- various effects as e.g. thermal beam distortions, spatial hole burning, energy transfers, upconversion lasers, parasitic lasing, etc.
Dr. Rüdiger Paschotta has an extensive and very deep expertise on lasers. This is demonstrated by his scientific publications and by the Encyclopedia of Laser Physics and Technology. You will hardly find a better consultant e.g. for the design of diode-pumped lasers, for advice on any details of ultrashort pulse generation with mode locking or on laser noise, for advanced laser resonator designs, or for the analysis and optimization of fiber amplifiers. RP Photonics is also selling user licenses for various simulation software packages, developed in house: