Areas of Competence
These are just the main areas of competence. Do not hesitate to inquire about other fields. You will get an honest statement concerning the level of competence in the requested field.
- frequency doubling, tripling, quadrupling, sum and difference frequency generation
- optical parametric oscillators, amplifiers, and generators
- birefringent phase matching, critical or noncritical phase matching
- quasi-phase matching in periodically poled materials
- nonlinear crystal materials
- Kerr effect, self-phase modulation, cross-phase modulation, self-steepening
- Raman amplification
- four-wave mixing
- supercontinuum generation in photonic crystal fibers
The available competence is demonstrated by the scientific publications of Dr. Rüdiger Paschotta and the Encyclopedia of Laser Physics and Technology. Dr. Paschotta has worked out detailed designs for nonlinear frequency conversion stages, developed software for systematically evaluating all possible phase-matching configuration for a given nonlinear interaction, analyzed subtle details of synchronously pumped parametric oscillators, and simulated supercontinuum generation in photonic crystal fibers (including noise properties).