Areas of Competence
These are just the main areas of competence. Do not hesitate to inquire about other fields. You will get an honest statement concerning the level of competence in the requested field.
- ultrashort pulse generation in mode-locked lasers, including few-cycle femtosecond pulses from Ti:sapphire lasers as well as pulses from diode-pumped bulk lasers, fiber lasers and semiconductor lasers
- saturable absorbers, pulse shaping and distortion, stability analysis
- pulse amplification e.g. in fiber amplifiers or in regenerative amplifiers
- nonlinear effects in pulse propagation (e.g. in fibers), e.g. soliton formation, spectral broadening, Raman amplification, supercontinuum generation
- various methods of linear and nonlinear pulse compression
- nonlinear frequency conversion of ultrashort pulses (e.g. in frequency doublers and in optical parametric oscillators)
- pulse characterization e.g. concerning pulse duration, spectral phase, carrier–envelope offset, and detailed measurements and/or calculations of noise properties
(For longer pulses, e.g. with Q switching, see the page on lasers.)
Dr. Rüdiger Paschotta is one of the leading experts on ultrashort pulses. This is demonstrated by his scientific publications and by the RP Photonics Encyclopedia, also by the software which he has developed. You will hardly find a more competent consultant for advice on any details of ultrashort pulse generation or amplification.
RP Photonics also offers user licenses for its RP ProPulse and RP Fiber Power software, which can be used for simulating pulse formation in lasers, pulse shaping in fibers, etc.