Here we offer some comprehensive physics-based tutorials on fiber optics, all authored by Dr. Paschotta, the founder of RP Photonics:
- Passive Fiber Optics
- Fiber Amplifiers
- Modeling of Fiber Amplifiers and Lasers
- Modeling of Pulse Amplification
For more information on fiber optics, see also
- the Field Guide on Fiber Optics
- our RP Photonics Encyclopedia
- various articles published in trade journals
If you are interested in laser development, you should see our presentation on the 'transparent laser'.
If you like our tutorials, you may also be interested in our newsletters.
Also note that we offer competent technical consultancy on fiber optics, both concerning passive and active fiber-optic technology, as well as the powerful simulation and design software RP Fiber Power. We even offer a free fiber optics software named RP Fiber Calculator.